Submission period—June 1, 2018 to September 15, 2018
Purpose of project: To create a literary history of the Baby Boom Generation through poetry, fiction, memoir, essay and interview.
Eligibility for submission—Writers must have been born between 1946 and 1964. and have lived or live now in the Ohio River Valley, which includes cities and towns between Pittsburgh PA and Cairo IL.
We want stories and poems that relate, directly or indirectly, to the experiences of our generation. We have chosen the Ohio River Valley because of its unique history in the growth of our nation. We look forward to traveling the river valley, to libraries and bookstores for public readings with our contributors.
Note: Persons who are NOT of the Baby Boom Generation may submit interviews of persons who are from that generation, when the story the interviewee wants to tell is historically relevant. Prefer prose profiles to Q and A.
- Please send one submission, a prose manuscript OR three poems.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine, as long as you notify us when your entry is no longer available.
- Prose submissions should not exceed 4,000 words
- Please submit in standard format, double-spaced in Times Roman 12 pt font.
- Poets may submit up to three poems
- Reprints are welcome as long as writers have full rights.
- This is NOT a blind process. We want to know who you are.
- All submissions must include a brief cover essay that includes birthdate, city, state and some background about you— the reason you have written the piece and your choice of topic. Please do NOT include publication history. We are interested in you and the story you want to tell much more than your literary accomplishments.
- We welcome questions for clarification via our e-mail at email@example.com.
- Get up-to-date information and like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/babyboomerswrite/